An honest day’s work is rarely the commitment of a many employees today; in fact, a study conducted by Software Advice reveals that 43 percent of shift workers steal time from their employers. As such, it has become more crucial for higher-ups to ascertain that the organization’s manpower is doing what it’s supposed to do at all times.
This task can be challenging to accomplish, even for small companies with just 50 people. The common solution employed is to create teams and assign a manager to each team to better monitor the proper execution of processes and ensure the required productivity levels. Thanks to a powerful technology, there’s now a more efficient and streamlined way of going about this vital task.
Workforce tracking systems have been created to assist companies of all sizes and operations in making sure that their workforce and processes are as effective and efficient as they can be. These systems are able to deliver to-the-minute information on all assets and track workforce accurately even without any human output. If you’re a business owner growing your enterprise, these systems can be your biggest asset in developing a superior work culture, securing operational efficiency, and increasing your bottom line.
Such a system also offers the advantage of being convenient to operate. All you need is your desktop computer, laptop, or smartphone (the best option for mobility) to be able to gather real-time information on your asset and workforce. The system’s advanced technology delivers accurately to within 10 meters – a huge advantage, especially for operations in job sites, warehouses, and individual buildings within institutions.
Suffice to say, it’s a great investment to make in order to enhance your business. That’s not all however; there are still many other benefits that your operations can derive from a workforce tracking system.
● Knowing how the system works can prevent any inclination to slack off. There’s nothing like knowing you’re constantly being monitored to drive them to take work very seriously.
● The system can also better define the tasks every employee needs to accomplish – preventing time-wasting duplicate efforts and misunderstandings or conflict.
● The system can likewise encourage a positive modification of behavior. It’s not just preventing the tendency to slack off; it’s helping employees stay on top of tasks and be where they need to be at the right time.
● Employees develop a better understanding of the value of their work, especially when low-performing colleagues are let go as a result of solid evidence.
● It can assist employees in creating their own system of productivity and reinforce their value to the organization to advance their career.
● The system can contribute to the creation of an organizational strategy that has effective processes and clearly defined roles for workers.
● The analytics provided by the workforce tracking system is a solid reference for identifying the high-performing workers deserving of incentives and rewards, raises, promotions, and other professional growth opportunities that the company is providing. It will also reveal those who have poor work habits, lack skill, and generally deliver subpar performance so that appropriate action can be taken and the company can maintain its credibility (and avoid the risk of losing valuable talents that may find it unfair that there are no clear consequences for underperforming employees).
● It can make the organization more competitive.
● With the data residing in one place that’s accessible to stakeholders, facilitating informed decision-making is automatically made easier, which then protects the best interest of the company.
● The analytics also make it possible for accurate initiatives for improvement to be developed and set in place.
· A new work culture can be created wherein revenues and assets are thoroughly protected, and defensive barriers are established against the impact of an unstable economy and other market factors that easily sink operations.
· You’ll be able to provide a better training program to raise skills and competencies.
· Likewise, you’ll be able to implement high-impact structural improvements that will not only increase productivity levels but also the “quality” of productivity. The system can assist in determining the most productive hours of the day, how much time is spent accomplishing certain tasks, and what factors tend to create delays in day-to-day processes.
· The workforce tracking system can also help in making future manpower forecasts. It helps you learn what types of workers can further improve the process, and how many of them you need when you expand your operations.
· It can help boost human relations by improving communication.
· You can save your business a significant amount of money especially when you let go of low-performing workers that are being paid properly but are not yielding the output required of them.
In today’s highly competitive business arena, every enterprise should be utilizing available technological solutions that can create smart operations and boost the bottom line. A workforce tracking system is a total solution that can impact all aspects of operations. Given that it can contribute to your business, it certainly is no longer just for competitive advantage, but an absolute must.